Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Dark Nest Travels : Ending a Long Term Relationship (with work)

After many years, I've called it quits. This long term relationship had to end sometime, and it ended upon me getting a job relatively closer to home, so here...I...am, writing this. It's bittersweet, because I "liked" my long term job (it was far from a love affair, believe me, I wasn't in "love"), but the economics of the job began to get the best of me. The retail job took a toll on my life, as it had for the past fifteen and a half years. The ups, the downs, the crazy schedule, the holidays that I missed with my loved ones, it chipped away at my mental state, mostly, and I allowed it for a long period of time, without fail. I only lasted this long to inch my way closer to that "semi" retirement phase of life. Dark Nest Travels, hopefully, gets off the ground by mid summer next year, if not, I probably seriously screwed up with the timeline.

There were only a few of the "good ones" in the job I had. I will miss them. They were the ones who shared my work ethic, they shared a glint of hope that things just might get better. I formed relationships that lasted beyond the job when friends left prior to me. The friends established were the people in my life at this job who made it worth coming in everyday, and I thank each and everyone of them for being a part of my life. They meant a lot, mean a lot, but when life's goals come along, and that light to those goals is getting ever more clear, a move has to be made and the long term torch carrying will have to be passed along to the next.

It's been real, friends and co-workers, a long ride to the end of a roller coaster ride that seemed endless, and chasing that blazing orange carrot dangling on the end of the string. I hope everyone of you know how to get in touch, keep in touch, and watch the somewhat crazy spirals I clamber to make this social media, video, picture thing work. I appreciate each and every person that I've made contact with in my life, friends, family, even enemies, have all made a huge impact in my life in some way shape or form, and I could never ask for more. Thanks to all of you!

If you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe to Dark Nest Travels on YouTube and follow us on Instagram at: darknesttravels. Thanks for stopping by and keeping up to date on our life, in its genesis and the unfolding path that is just ahead.