Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Maria, November 27th, This is for YOU!


It’s November 27th, and my wife, Maria, celebrates her birthday. We’ve spent many years’ together, celebrating, loving, and raising our family. I couldn’t have done any of these things if I didn’t have those years to share with her. She is my light, she is my cornerstone, and in this life her existence is what I needed to ground me to the reality of our marriage, children, and home(s) that we’ve made together.  We’ve been up at our highest, down at our lowest, in moments of sadness, and have overcome many obstacles that rip on emotions like a tornado rips through houses and neighborhoods, and she kept it together for me and what matters to her the most, her family.
I sometimes ask why I deserve such a prodigious woman in my life. A woman who constantly puts her needs in front of those in her family. A woman who encourages me to get off my procrastinating butt and write, achieve, and plan for our future together, growing old together, and nurturing further on this adventure. Words, although beautifully articulate, cannot really express the love I have for Maria, but I do my best to give her these. Thank you so much, Maria, my bride, my angel in disguise, for being my rock, and for loving me and the family we’ve raised together. I love you!