Monday, December 3, 2018

Semi-Retirement...Life Ship..."LIKE" VS. "PURCHASE"

So, as many of you know, it's official, I am semi-retired. The definition is loose, so I'll leave it up to your imagination. It's a little uncanny when I've been working a large part of my life, and now, I'm relaxed, to a point. I've been challenging myself to write, that's what I truly love doing. Sometimes, though, I really have to kick my own a** to get into gear. I've had many suggestions to write something less graphic, less shocking...something with emotion, something that strikes the nerves of my readers who don't have the stomach for my "other" fiction. My horror often strikes nerves, but it typically involves being terrified to pick the book back up, unless, of course, that is the selected genre.

I took this request, of writing something "normal", from family, friends and readers alike, very serious. I've even posted some of Life Ship on this blog, which I've taken down, due to the potential publication of the story. I worked with a good friend of mine to edit, he's the best, with a critical eye and I couldn't have done it without him, thank you Brent Seth! Lake Leviathan took a risk with me to publish a "short story" in paperback. (a quick 36 page read)

This is a story that was inspired by our 1964 Airstream Globetrotter and my overactive imagination. It's a sentimental tale of death, love, family, and the anchors of memory through the eyes of the main character, Jimmy, the youngest of four. He's pressed with the task of his parents' wishes, and takes it on, head first. He's faced with the emotions of loneliness on the road as he treks through the United States to make it back to his hometown of Stevats. On the journey he connects with his siblings who have already jumped into life, where his life, being the youngest, had not too long ago, started.

I know most of my friends on facebook and other social media sites "like" my posts, my links, hell, some of you even watch my Dark Nest Travels videos posted weekly. I'm "semi-retired" now, and doing what I love, writing, travel, at times, and enjoying the holidays for the first time in a very long time. So I'm encouraging all of you to support me, if you believe in my skills, know my story, and realize how long creative endeavors can take to complete, to purchase your copy. Press "like" if you want, but press purchase on the Amazon page, and splurge knowing you're supporting the skills I have to truly connect with my readers.

Take the risk, if you can call it that, take a chance and give me the benefit of the doubt, you're out only $6.99 (that's a steal). Thank you all for reading my blog, watching my videos, and mostly for being you. Each and everyone of you have done something in my life to make a connection and I appreciate all those connections. Happy reading! I'll talk to everyone soon!


Click here to PURCHASE: Life Ship (Amazon)